Changes to Access Campus for Dismissal & Health Reminders
Friday, Aug 13, 2021
Students and Parents,
Faculty and staff are excited to have our students back on campus as we welcome returning and new students to A. D. Henderson and FAU High School.
We cannot thank you enough for your patience during the first week. Each day will improve as we continue to refine processes, and everyone grows accustomed to the procedures. One such procedure that will be amended as of Monday, August 16th is dismissal. The great news is that we are expected to move into our new facility next school year which will alleviate many of these issues.
Changes to Access Campus for Dismissal
- Two lines will be formed to enter onto our campus: one car line is for parents with a 2:30 car tag picking up only elementary students. Parents with children in both elementary and secondary grades will have two options:
|Pick up elementary children, exit campus and re-enter the 2:45 car line||Come at 2:45 to pick up all your children|
The 2:30 cars will be the only ones permitted to come on campus so that we can expeditiously dismiss the elementary students between 2:15-2:45.
The 2:30 car line will enter from the south, which is the approach from 20th Street or Glades Rd.
Dismissal for Kindergarten-5th grades will now begin at 2:15 pm. Parents of elementary students with a 2:30 car tag may begin to come on campus between 2:00-2:15pm.
Please remember that the dismissal circle may be different than where you drop your child off for arrival.
- K, 1st, 4th grade students dismiss from 1st circle (blue circle)
- 2nd, 3rd, 5th grade students dismiss from 2nd circle (red circle)
- The second car line is for parents with a 2:45pm car tag picking up middle and high school students.
The 2:45 car line will enter from the north, which is the approach from Spanish River Blvd. Parents of secondary students will be permitted on campus at 2:45pm with the anticipation of dismissing secondary students from 2:45-3:15pm.
- 6th and 7th grade students dismiss from 1st circle (blue circle)
- 8th and 9th grade students dismiss from 2nd circle (red circle)
To avoid frustration and delays, please ensure that you have your 2021-22 car tag displayed, and adhere to the appropriate car line and procedures so that you do not lose your place in line or impede the dismissal process. Also please remember for safety reasons, students are not permitted to walk off campus or take public transportation unless they have received approval from their level administrator.
While arrival is improving, we have a few reminders:
- For safety purposes, students may not be dropped off prior to 7:30 am.
- Students in grades Kindergarten-5th should be dropped off at the 1st circle (blue circle).
- Students in grades 6th-9th should be dropped off at 2nd circle (red circle).
- Parents must go through the car line.
Also please remember to keep our students and parents safe:
- Parents must remain in their vehicles at all times.
- Students must enter and exit the vehicle from the passenger side.
Health and Safety Update and Protocols
We have been notified of one student testing positive for COVID-19. Initial contact tracing was conducted, and any student and employee determined to be exposed has been notified and quarantined. Remember, if someone in your household tests positive or your child develops any symptoms, please contact Nurse Baltzer immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The use of face coverings has been a highly debated issue among leaders, parents, and districts everywhere. As a reminder, we are strongly encouraging all employees and students to wear a face covering, we will continue to offer face coverings to students who are not wearing one and will strongly encourage the use of face coverings. Please understand that this current protocol may be altered as necessary.
We want all of our students and employees to be at school in-person to provide students an optimal environment for learning. This is only possible with everyone’s cooperation.
Parents who are opting to have their students wear a face covering, just as you inquire about homework, please check-in with your child on a regular basis to ensure that he/she is wearing the face covering while in school and not choosing to remove it.
Please remember to remain vigilant in maintaining health and safety practices in and out of school. We highly recommend the use of face coverings, washing and sanitizing hands regularly, and limiting social gatherings.
We thank you for being a partner in your child’s educational experience, and for supporting our mission of providing a healthy, safe and outstanding education for all of our students.
School Advisory Body Meeting
The August 2021 School Advisory Body meeting has been rescheduled to Wednesday, September 22, 2021 at 5:30pm. Details will be forthcoming.