Health and Wellness Update and Opt Out Process for Mandatory Masks
Friday, Aug 20, 2021
Dear A.D. Henderson and FAU High School Families,
As we have seen in our local and school community, we are experiencing an increase in positive COVID cases. Four more students tested positive this week and a number of students have been quarantined as a result.
As indicated in the Superintendent’s Message today, effective Monday, August 23, 2021, students will be required to wear a mask/face covering indoors unless a parent/guardian submits a Mask/Face Covering Opt Out Form in Focus for each of their children. Students who do not have a parent opt out approval form in Focus will be provided a mask and instructed to wear it indoors. Students refusing to wear a mask and who do not have authorization in Focus to opt out, will be asked to wear a mask, if the student refuses, the parent will be contacted.
Opt Out Instructions
For instructions to complete a Mask/Face Covering Opt Out Form, please the attachment or follow the steps below:
- Log into your FOCUS Parent Account.
- On the left menu, click on the Forms Summary for the student you wish to submit a request.
- Click the link under Available Forms to complete the Form.
- EACH student will have a Mask/Face Covering Opt-Out Form linked to their Forms Summary.
- To request to opt-out of the mask/face covering requirement, EACH student must have a submitted opt-out form.
- Parents will receive confirmation of submission by email. Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions related to accessing this form, please email email@example.com.